Skip to main content

Week 9 Reading and Writing

So for todays reading we did not have to actually do a reading which I was quite happy about to be honest. we were asked to give an honest recap of how you are finding all of the readings in this module. This week is called review weeks and I am very pleased we have this as it gives me a break from the normal boring blogs and lets me give me thoughts and vent some frustrations I have with module.

For the most part I am finding the readings very interesting and unique but there is some readings and blogs that I made where the reading was just way too confusing and didn't really have anything that could help my final game in it.  I am very happy with how my reading and writing skills have developed during this module . I am now more confident in my writing ability and I am now starting to use more fancier words and better grammar with every blog that I publish. Even when I go to read the news or something like that online now I find my self studying it more and really trying to understand what it is all about.  I am glad that I learnt these skills as I was really bad at writing before this module started. This should really help me in my future career as I want to be video editor and I will need to be able to spell and write well to complete some aspects of that job properly.

my favourite reading so far..

I put this screenshot here as it was my favourite reading so far that I have completed in this module. This really thought me so much about how to design a game and think of many aspects that I would never have thought about before. This reading was quite long so I had to read it like 3-4 times to fully understand this article but when I did finally understand it thought me so much things that I have applied throughout this module and that I will apply in my final game this semester.

Overall I am really happy this module and the readings are a big part as to why I am enjoy it so much. If I think about this module as a whole the readings are probably my strongest point as I struggle a lot with following the unity tutorials and trying to make my final game. I just get so confused with unity. Game design is definitely my weakest part of this module but the readings each week have made me a bit more confident that I will be able to get some sort of game completed by the end of this module.  I also really look forward to the last few readings on this module (I hope they will be easy to understand and be relevant to my final game that I am currently creating) and I will definitely keep reading more and writing more from now on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

unity tutorial 2

ok so we are back to unity yaah. Last term I really struggled on unity and to be honest I did not give it a fair shot. Game design or anything to do with games is my most hated part of this and I know for a fact that I will not go into this industry ever but I willing to try unity more this semester and who knows I might end up enjoying it a little. I can't hate it anymore than I already do . For this semester we had two options obviously I chose the first option "create with code as I am not very skilled in unity yet and would like to improve". the tutorial today was pretty crazy long and I did not expect it to take like 3 hours so I will have to give myself more time next week to do it fully.  the first few steps were very basic I just had to Crete folders, name them and import a few assists after the easy work was finished I finally started something a little challenging.  adding a vehicle was difficult as for some reason it wouldn't open for ages but I finally...

Introduction Post

My name is Aaron Comiskey and I am 20 years old. I currently study CDM in Blanchardstown and I love the course. I live in Kilmessan, Meath with my family but I hope to move out soon when I get enough money together. I want to be a video editor when I am finished college and maybe work for companies such as BBC or RTE(you have to aim big or you will fail). During this term I want to get better at all things to do with video but I also want to give the other stuff like web design and game development a chance as I may end up loving them and actually want to go into that area after college. I have many hobbies. I am big into the gym and love lifting weights , it makes you feel better and look better so why not do it. I love football and I am a huge Manchester United fan even though we are rubbish now. I play tennis the odd time when I am not too busy also. I post fitness content online not to show off my body or muscles (even though I am proud of the results) More so that I can keep u...

Reading 2

Welcome back to my blog guys. I was kind of hoping there would be no bogs to do this term at all as they were pretty stressful last semester but I will get on with it and give it my best shot. This module actually sounds very interesting and I ma excited to keep researching and adding to my parts of the book. I spent way over 3 hours doing research for this. My two chosen topics are key components of game design and stages of game design. these are two topics that kind of excite me and make me want to dive into these blogs head first. the first thing I did was list all the who, what ,why ,where and when. these questions actually really helped me get a focus on what I was researching these are my answers who- I started my who by finding all about the people behind the games, I found out that first game was made in 1972 and it was all very interesting what- for the what part I went into detail about  what are the key elements in games . in my opinion a story and good visuals a...