Skip to main content

Unity tutorial 2

For this tutorial I first watched both of the jimmy Vegas videos and then loaded up unity and whenever I got stuck I used the tutorial for a bit of guidance. I like to do it on my own as you learn more than just straight up copying. I enjoyed this tutorial as it was more in depth than the first one and I got to learn more unity skills but overall the tutorial was very outdated and when I tried to do basic stuff like add characters in to places it wouldn't let me. these tutorials are very hard to follow when you do not get any help with them in class but I gave it my best shot.

the first thing you had to do was create a wall to add to your game I found this challenging but very doable. I really liked this tutorial as it was the first real time I have had to use code or script as jimmy vegas calls it. this code is very different than web dev and can be confusing but I got the hang of it pretty quickly. the main problem I had was making sure I had everything under the right type. then I started to add in more objects like water where I had to make a dip first to put it in place. I imported the water in and then placed it into position. I found it quite tricky to place the wall together in this tutorial and had to keep redoing it but I got it eventually.

The second tutorial focused on UI elements and it was altogether very interesting. I liked learning new code such as transform position which allowed you to completely change the position of a certain object. this will come in very handy when I go to make my own game in the near future. the code got kind of annoying when I used cap letters by mistake once but that was just my own stupidity. this game was not as fun as the last alien shooter demo I played but overall it sure did teach me so many skills about coding and placing objects into a canvas which I will need to make my own game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

unity tutorial 2

ok so we are back to unity yaah. Last term I really struggled on unity and to be honest I did not give it a fair shot. Game design or anything to do with games is my most hated part of this and I know for a fact that I will not go into this industry ever but I willing to try unity more this semester and who knows I might end up enjoying it a little. I can't hate it anymore than I already do . For this semester we had two options obviously I chose the first option "create with code as I am not very skilled in unity yet and would like to improve". the tutorial today was pretty crazy long and I did not expect it to take like 3 hours so I will have to give myself more time next week to do it fully.  the first few steps were very basic I just had to Crete folders, name them and import a few assists after the easy work was finished I finally started something a little challenging.  adding a vehicle was difficult as for some reason it wouldn't open for ages but I finally...

Introduction Post

My name is Aaron Comiskey and I am 20 years old. I currently study CDM in Blanchardstown and I love the course. I live in Kilmessan, Meath with my family but I hope to move out soon when I get enough money together. I want to be a video editor when I am finished college and maybe work for companies such as BBC or RTE(you have to aim big or you will fail). During this term I want to get better at all things to do with video but I also want to give the other stuff like web design and game development a chance as I may end up loving them and actually want to go into that area after college. I have many hobbies. I am big into the gym and love lifting weights , it makes you feel better and look better so why not do it. I love football and I am a huge Manchester United fan even though we are rubbish now. I play tennis the odd time when I am not too busy also. I post fitness content online not to show off my body or muscles (even though I am proud of the results) More so that I can keep u...

Reading 2

Welcome back to my blog guys. I was kind of hoping there would be no bogs to do this term at all as they were pretty stressful last semester but I will get on with it and give it my best shot. This module actually sounds very interesting and I ma excited to keep researching and adding to my parts of the book. I spent way over 3 hours doing research for this. My two chosen topics are key components of game design and stages of game design. these are two topics that kind of excite me and make me want to dive into these blogs head first. the first thing I did was list all the who, what ,why ,where and when. these questions actually really helped me get a focus on what I was researching these are my answers who- I started my who by finding all about the people behind the games, I found out that first game was made in 1972 and it was all very interesting what- for the what part I went into detail about  what are the key elements in games . in my opinion a story and good visuals a...