Skip to main content

Unity Free Tutorials

So for today's unity tutorial we got to go out and find two of are own tutorials. I really enjoyed this as It gave me a chance to find out some very useful things that I hope to use in my final. Some of the previous unity tutorials were good but they did not help me much with the things I want to do ion my final game.

The first tutorial that I watched and completed was called "HOW TO RANDOMLY SPAWN ENEMY POSITIONS WITH C# UNITY TUTORIAL" . this seemed like a very complicated thing at first but when I got into it it turned out to be a lot simpler then I had first imagined. first thing I did was  bring  previous enemy I had been working with. I first added in a cue and brought it to where I wanted the enemy to spawn. then I had to go into the code and fill in all the variables so the enemies could actually spawn after I did that it was pretty plain sailing. I am delighted that I now know how to do this and I will definitely use this in my final game as it will add a bit more of a challenge than just having enemies stay in the same place all the time.

The second tutorial that I attempted was called "Unity Moving Platform Tutorial". This tutorial was very interesting as I am planning to make a platformer game so having moving platforms could add another lay of fun and challenge to my final game. First thing I did was import a character that I got off the unity store. I went for a green like alien. Then I added some simple cubes to start off with and I adjusted their height and width to what I felt looked the best . I had a bit of trouble trying to adjust the middle shape but I eventually got my platform to move. This tutorial was not as good as some of jimmy vegas ones but it still worked great.

Overall I learned some great skills that I can apply to my final game so this task was a great success.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

unity tutorial 2

ok so we are back to unity yaah. Last term I really struggled on unity and to be honest I did not give it a fair shot. Game design or anything to do with games is my most hated part of this and I know for a fact that I will not go into this industry ever but I willing to try unity more this semester and who knows I might end up enjoying it a little. I can't hate it anymore than I already do . For this semester we had two options obviously I chose the first option "create with code as I am not very skilled in unity yet and would like to improve". the tutorial today was pretty crazy long and I did not expect it to take like 3 hours so I will have to give myself more time next week to do it fully.  the first few steps were very basic I just had to Crete folders, name them and import a few assists after the easy work was finished I finally started something a little challenging.  adding a vehicle was difficult as for some reason it wouldn't open for ages but I finally...

Introduction Post

My name is Aaron Comiskey and I am 20 years old. I currently study CDM in Blanchardstown and I love the course. I live in Kilmessan, Meath with my family but I hope to move out soon when I get enough money together. I want to be a video editor when I am finished college and maybe work for companies such as BBC or RTE(you have to aim big or you will fail). During this term I want to get better at all things to do with video but I also want to give the other stuff like web design and game development a chance as I may end up loving them and actually want to go into that area after college. I have many hobbies. I am big into the gym and love lifting weights , it makes you feel better and look better so why not do it. I love football and I am a huge Manchester United fan even though we are rubbish now. I play tennis the odd time when I am not too busy also. I post fitness content online not to show off my body or muscles (even though I am proud of the results) More so that I can keep u...

Reading 2

Welcome back to my blog guys. I was kind of hoping there would be no bogs to do this term at all as they were pretty stressful last semester but I will get on with it and give it my best shot. This module actually sounds very interesting and I ma excited to keep researching and adding to my parts of the book. I spent way over 3 hours doing research for this. My two chosen topics are key components of game design and stages of game design. these are two topics that kind of excite me and make me want to dive into these blogs head first. the first thing I did was list all the who, what ,why ,where and when. these questions actually really helped me get a focus on what I was researching these are my answers who- I started my who by finding all about the people behind the games, I found out that first game was made in 1972 and it was all very interesting what- for the what part I went into detail about  what are the key elements in games . in my opinion a story and good visuals a...