Skip to main content

Growth and Mindset

This is another extra credit blog as I missed a few blogs over the past few weeks. 

For this blog I decided to read an article and to my amazement it was actually a topic that I was 
thinking of looking up anyway. The blog is called"How to Spark Creativity When You’re in a Rut" and it is really useful as I am currently really 
stuck on my final game for this module. One because my pc is kinda old and very slow (yes I should
buy a new one but what student has 700 -1000 euro lying around to get a new one and two because 
I am just bad at using unity but that is for another day.

from the offset I really liked how this article was written. The first point that I really agreed with was
 when it said you should find people to look at your work and review it. In my opinion this is the only 
way for your work to improve as most people are biased towards their own work and cant see the 
flaws in it like others will straight away.  the five questions they got you to ask yourself really hit 
home for me and were very thought provoking. for instance I always find myself saying that wont
work even before I have tried to use it and that is something that I really need to change in my
work for the future and I am hopeful I will change it after reading this article.
I love the point about meeting new people and bouncing ideas off of each other that is something
I definitely do not  enough of.

From reading this blog I will try become more confident and show my work to others without 
worrying hat they will say,. I will also try things out more and not just say that wont work straight
away. I really enjoyed reading this article and hope to read similar ones in the near future. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

unity tutorial 2

ok so we are back to unity yaah. Last term I really struggled on unity and to be honest I did not give it a fair shot. Game design or anything to do with games is my most hated part of this and I know for a fact that I will not go into this industry ever but I willing to try unity more this semester and who knows I might end up enjoying it a little. I can't hate it anymore than I already do . For this semester we had two options obviously I chose the first option "create with code as I am not very skilled in unity yet and would like to improve". the tutorial today was pretty crazy long and I did not expect it to take like 3 hours so I will have to give myself more time next week to do it fully.  the first few steps were very basic I just had to Crete folders, name them and import a few assists after the easy work was finished I finally started something a little challenging.  adding a vehicle was difficult as for some reason it wouldn't open for ages but I finally...

Introduction Post

My name is Aaron Comiskey and I am 20 years old. I currently study CDM in Blanchardstown and I love the course. I live in Kilmessan, Meath with my family but I hope to move out soon when I get enough money together. I want to be a video editor when I am finished college and maybe work for companies such as BBC or RTE(you have to aim big or you will fail). During this term I want to get better at all things to do with video but I also want to give the other stuff like web design and game development a chance as I may end up loving them and actually want to go into that area after college. I have many hobbies. I am big into the gym and love lifting weights , it makes you feel better and look better so why not do it. I love football and I am a huge Manchester United fan even though we are rubbish now. I play tennis the odd time when I am not too busy also. I post fitness content online not to show off my body or muscles (even though I am proud of the results) More so that I can keep u...

Reading 2

Welcome back to my blog guys. I was kind of hoping there would be no bogs to do this term at all as they were pretty stressful last semester but I will get on with it and give it my best shot. This module actually sounds very interesting and I ma excited to keep researching and adding to my parts of the book. I spent way over 3 hours doing research for this. My two chosen topics are key components of game design and stages of game design. these are two topics that kind of excite me and make me want to dive into these blogs head first. the first thing I did was list all the who, what ,why ,where and when. these questions actually really helped me get a focus on what I was researching these are my answers who- I started my who by finding all about the people behind the games, I found out that first game was made in 1972 and it was all very interesting what- for the what part I went into detail about  what are the key elements in games . in my opinion a story and good visuals a...