Skip to main content

Game Design

This article has made me more interested in game design. I would have never thought that game designers were artists and would have never known what goes into game design in a whole.
I like the part on iteration and that you need your game tested before it is made and why I do agree with this I wish that this was actually done nowadays as so many games are released with crazy bugs and need so many updates to fix all the issues with it.

 I am very interested in story modes in games and I like to always play games just so I can see how the creator has developed characters and their emotions. this will help me in my future work not just game development.

this article really made me change my thoughts on what games actually are I know that a game is A game is a “voluntary effort to overcome unnecessary obstacle. This is very deep and if you think about life is also a series of mini games that play out over the years that you are alive for.

Games are a “form of art in which the participants, termed players, make decisions in order to manage resources through game tokens in the pursuit of a goal.” . this quote from the reading really stuck with me . the first thing I thought about was people trying to earn money and make a living so basically games are an exaggerated simulation of life as a whole.
 
There are so many different types of games ranging from puzzle games to sports games but throughout all them they all keep the core concept of trying to achieve a goal to get a certain prize.
website that gives more interesting info into game design

Overall this article has made me more excited about game design and I am more excited to go ahead with this module now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

unity tutorial 2

ok so we are back to unity yaah. Last term I really struggled on unity and to be honest I did not give it a fair shot. Game design or anything to do with games is my most hated part of this and I know for a fact that I will not go into this industry ever but I willing to try unity more this semester and who knows I might end up enjoying it a little. I can't hate it anymore than I already do . For this semester we had two options obviously I chose the first option "create with code as I am not very skilled in unity yet and would like to improve". the tutorial today was pretty crazy long and I did not expect it to take like 3 hours so I will have to give myself more time next week to do it fully.  the first few steps were very basic I just had to Crete folders, name them and import a few assists after the easy work was finished I finally started something a little challenging.  adding a vehicle was difficult as for some reason it wouldn't open for ages but I finally...

Introduction Post

My name is Aaron Comiskey and I am 20 years old. I currently study CDM in Blanchardstown and I love the course. I live in Kilmessan, Meath with my family but I hope to move out soon when I get enough money together. I want to be a video editor when I am finished college and maybe work for companies such as BBC or RTE(you have to aim big or you will fail). During this term I want to get better at all things to do with video but I also want to give the other stuff like web design and game development a chance as I may end up loving them and actually want to go into that area after college. I have many hobbies. I am big into the gym and love lifting weights , it makes you feel better and look better so why not do it. I love football and I am a huge Manchester United fan even though we are rubbish now. I play tennis the odd time when I am not too busy also. I post fitness content online not to show off my body or muscles (even though I am proud of the results) More so that I can keep u...

Reading 2

Welcome back to my blog guys. I was kind of hoping there would be no bogs to do this term at all as they were pretty stressful last semester but I will get on with it and give it my best shot. This module actually sounds very interesting and I ma excited to keep researching and adding to my parts of the book. I spent way over 3 hours doing research for this. My two chosen topics are key components of game design and stages of game design. these are two topics that kind of excite me and make me want to dive into these blogs head first. the first thing I did was list all the who, what ,why ,where and when. these questions actually really helped me get a focus on what I was researching these are my answers who- I started my who by finding all about the people behind the games, I found out that first game was made in 1972 and it was all very interesting what- for the what part I went into detail about  what are the key elements in games . in my opinion a story and good visuals a...